Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Blackberry? No thanks. I'm into apples this year.

I'm also into drinking water (not vodka), doing yoga, celebrating photographic moments (ALL of them), loving good food, playing coy, catching love in others, finding awesome restaurants, wearing doilies, wearing shorts wearing my Mickey shirt, wearing 34598797 scarves at once and finding beautiful arches. And standing under them.




















or finding toy castles. And standing under those too.





Happy Valentine's Day Ardent Readers! (mom)

I got home after work today in a bustle and turned on Lady Gaga, the fan, the washing machine, the blender (I don't have a blender) and lit a cigarette and put my bruised legs up on my (tiny) table and have been eating soft rice dumplings with red bean filling ever since.
I got some (obligatory) treats from my boss and some (customary) treats from my students and (some) wishes of Happiness Valentine-ness and it was good.


I ate the chocolate in a guilty rush and skipped yoga.
Because let's face it folks. This is gonna be one of *those* posts. Yes it will be.
You're front row and center on what's about to become a mind-blowing exhilirating out-of-this-world phenomenon.

I'm reading on my heated floors and the most excitement I've seen today was my students turning into T-Rex's while OD'ing on too much chocolate.

So, yes I'm bored. I'm lonely. I'm a little melancholy and nostalgic for last year but need I remind you I was a mess last year. A mess. Tangled.


Not a yoga tangled mess. I was wearing my insides and my heart was matted velvet. I was barely alive.
Last year, I fell for someone who didn't even call. He just texted, "Are you my Valentine today baby?" WELLLLLLLL guess what Valentine's Day 2012!??!?!
I DON'T HAVE A PHONE. HA!
ONE STEP AHEAD OF YOU.

I took my blasted blackberry and shoved it in an ikea drawer. The battery is out too. Because everyone knows a battery is a phone's heart. Because everyone knows phones are only as alive as their data plans dictate.


So, I've gone about phone-less for almost 2 months. Feels good. No one calls anyways. Everyone just sends stupid BBM's or IM's or FB MSG's and quite frankly I'm sick of it.
I no longer come home in a rush after my run and throw my sweaty body on my night table to see if I missed a prompt or a ping or a stupid emoticon.

I mean the only time I ever (graciously) thanked my blackberry was during awkward moments. Now, I have to stand beside the person silently and bear the moment and wait it out. Before, I could just turn my phone on and read a (pretend) email or fake an (impromptu) laugh at something (minutely) cute or funny or funnyCute. Anyways.

This Valentine's Day let there be no mystery my dears. I am alone. A.l.o.n.e. You know how Aretha screams out R-E-S-P-E-C-T?!?! and we all shake our fingers in the air? And throw our heads back in laughter and maybe a drink down our throats?

Well I'm doing that. Minus the fingers-in-the-air, laughter and drink-down-throat.
No, I don't believe you get it. I am..in ...utter..utter solitude. It's not bad but it's ..solitude.
So anyways, let's be all Eat-Pray-Love about it and sum up some sort of (accomplished) grocery list. Here I stand before myself last year.
div>I'm:
-tired
-half a world away from everything that makes sense
-excited about the UK
-thinner (ya, I went there)
-older (Teacher, you're not 100!! but you ARE 35) (Major Low-point that one was. See *me* in bathroom half an hour later checking for wrinkles and counting grey hairs.) (5 gray hairs)
-bendier (thanks yoga)
-wishing no gray hairs replace plucked aforementioned gray hairs

-more neurotic

-more weird

-more aware of my weirdness


I also definitely have more....freckles.

But overall I'm pretty happy. If I'm gonna be alone, gosh darn it I'm gonna be alone.

So just when I was about to buy a blackberry online I went for the apple bowl instead. I'm recently into apples. I can't get enough.

I'm dumping the fruit of self-gratification. Hello knowledge. Because I feel like an Eve. I feel Eve-y.

Because A is for Apple. But A....A is also for Anca.


Good one eh?

2 comments:

  1. Hello!

    I'm happy to send you a letter. I think what you're doing is pretty cool and very inspirational. I do hope you can one day get to see some of the places you've received letters from.

    A

    PS I'll write you the letter I'm mailing in Spanish because I need to practice my Spanish and because now I can! :D
    You can answer if you want and you can also correct me and all my mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah! I miss you so much love! I can't believe you wrote about me in your blog! I'm sorry I've been so bad with our skype meetings, I just can't seem to get myself organized. I really need to talk to you. I have no one to rant to anymore about my ridiculous, superficial problems. Also wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!For getting into law school!!! I'm so proud of you :) I want to give you a hug and cry with you for a bit, but i can't so i'll just do that on my own and pretend you're here :) I need your number in Korea so I can hear your lovely voice. Geeez I can't communicate how much i miss you.

    I Love You Hun

    - Alisa A.

    ReplyDelete