So obviously Friday night I decided to rest.
My previous post was a bit harsh because I was having a *bad* week. Besides, I met my emotional twin, Kimmie!
She's beautiful!
Anyways, we were celebrating a birthday for Kirsten -- a friend from work. After the festivities, we decided to head here:
-a hole in the wall ladies and gentlemen.
I mean...no...you don't get it...this place was...the kind of place that would have scared Hemingway, inspired Fellini and pretty much left the rest of the free world in lascivious ecstasy.
I exaggerate. Why do I exaggerate? Maybe because I was high on too much Advil.
The bathrooms smelled like soup, the bar was a dump and the place was filled with shirtless men who whistled to the beat in intoxicating beats. I had to take a moment, close my eyes, and rest against the wall and take it all in.
God I love clubs. The movement and the lights and the music and the people. The loud happy squishy happiness of the people. I love the people dancing. Everyone is free.
We walked home in the rain afterwards and I was offered (several) beds to sleep in -- all belonging to my friends obviously -- and I gracefully declined so I could come home to my not-so-cozy-but-still-my-own-bed and crash with a bottle of water and a couple of Nyquill. Rach was amazing enough to give me a handful of happy pills which made me drool my way into happiness-dream-land so I could fall asleep and cure my fever and stuffy nose.
And my god...did I crash...I had never taken Nyquill before so I woke up Saturday morning feeling like I had been run over by three trains.
I haven't danced like that since I left Toronto.
Nowadays I mostly feel like the glorified version of this:

Today we all hung and got Korean BBQ, gelato and spent the day at Rae and Steve-o's plugged into various electrical outlets. We were either playing Zelda or reading our e-books or on MACbooks. I was lost in a world of European photography blogs. I have now been privy to:
-an Australian woman's renovation of her house and garden
-a walk in a snowy London park performed by a very animated family with a 1 year old
-Berlin and Paris black and white photography dislayed by a shitty junkie from Barcelona
All. good.
We headed to CAFE PASCUCCCCCCCIIIIIIIIIII where Kimmie and I decided we would start a cafe blog next weekend. We're quite serious. We will have such discussion topics as:
-cute animals
-grunge
-cute animals
-food
-cooking
-dating
-dating in church
-dating at work
-being single
-being single
-being single
-being single
-eating
-drugs
-literature and its merits
-grunge clothes
-Bambi
-killing cute animals because they're too cute, and the all-time favourite:
-Frank's adventures
It's 11:30 and I'm sleepy so I'm gonna read as much as I can. It's almost April and I've only managed to finish 2 books and a tenth of one and a quarter of another. Not good.
I'll leave you with my favourite things in the world:


my beautiful family at my parents' engagement!
This photo contains the people I love most in this world. I got a house tour from mommy dearest on Saturday morning and cried like a baby because our garden looks so beautiful this spring. The pine trees are huge and magnificent and the grass is green!
I miss home but being here is quite good. I know it is. Deep down, it's very good for me. Some weeks are just better than others.
Night. Love.
No comments:
Post a Comment