A super silly, seriously strict, splendidly surprising and crazily quirky dad.
Ladies and gentlemen, my dad turns 55 today. The man who taught me literature, how to recite Kipling, how to hold my fingers on the piano, how to drive, how to proofread, how to listen to Pink Floyd, how to ride a bike, how a furnace works (don't ask), how electricity works, how to sing as an alto in our romanian community christmas choir, how to get up when you fall off a bike, how to properly angle your body when you fall off aforementioned bike, how broken hearts get fixed, how to file income tax, how to fix routers, how to economically shovel snow (he's an engineer), how to hold a guitar, how to implement an effective filing system, how to smell flowers, and how to cope with an incredibly complex/difficult human being who happens to be your father, how to write classical music editorials, the difference between communism and socialism and how to eat well.
My dad taught me that you can pick up and leave and go anywhere and be ok by yourself.
He also taught me to do my best and expect the worst. Well...I'm still learning.
I wish I was with my family this week.
Here's to Christmas.
I love you all. So much.
he also taught me to keep my receipts.



Sweet, sweet pumpkin ...
ReplyDeleteI love you I miss you I need you I bless you I cry you I touch you I frame you I heart you I know you I discover you I blame you I build you I clean you I hope you I brain you I hold you I smell you I pot you I drive you I read you I pick you I make you I want you I breathe you I teach you I need you I fear you I love you I expect you I follow you I dream you I sing you I read you I read you I read you 'cause You touch my soul