There's this photo I have of you baby. that I won't put up. That I took today.
You're trying on these new pants you bought today. Your shirt is on the carpet near my bed. Your car keys are somewhere lost on my bed. When the pup jumps on the bed to cuddle beside me, the keys jingle your song.
And my room is dark. my bathroom is a hazy bright white emblazoned square cutting out the darkness of my wall. And you open the door. And you stand in the doorway.
And I wish there were words for my happiness, for the insane colours I see run through you. with your eyes and your strong hands that come up me. that embrace me. where i'm happy. Where I want to be happy.
You're trying on these new pants you bought today. Your shirt is on the carpet near my bed. Your car keys are somewhere lost on my bed. When the pup jumps on the bed to cuddle beside me, the keys jingle your song.
And my room is dark. my bathroom is a hazy bright white emblazoned square cutting out the darkness of my wall. And you open the door. And you stand in the doorway.
And I wish there were words for my happiness, for the insane colours I see run through you. with your eyes and your strong hands that come up me. that embrace me. where i'm happy. Where I want to be happy.
I sleep better than ever. I run faster than anxiety. I'm ok. You're here.
No comments:
Post a Comment