Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Just leave for a while.


Went to Sweden with Anna to see her fam. Then took a boat to Finland. This sky-blue Victorinox suitcase has literally taken me everywhere. Doubled up as a bed in my first Seoul days when I slept in the fetal position in it on the heated floors. Opened lid, looking at the crisp white ceiling. Closed lid, staring at the romanian antibiotics trapped in the oppressive net of the suitcase's mesh compartment. Paracetamol, polysporin, Saprosan. Razor blades, a whole tiny life packed away.
"No no of course we aren't gypsies. [she says with all her belongings in a small caravan, dogs chasing at her feet] We are Dacians transformed by the systematic pillages of the romans when our God Zalmoxis was hungry for our best runners. He didn't want any mortals, any athletes. He wanted the fastest runners - the flesh and sinew and the exhaustion of perfection"
So, I run. So, I fly. So, I'm restless. So, I want a bigger piece of home. The bigger picture. I want it. I want to run as fast as I can. All the way home.




2 comments:

  1. Come home pumpkin.
    Find your home pumpkin.
    What is life but a permanent search for Home, pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Daddy. I wrote you something today and sent it off just in time. We were thinking the same thing on different continents. I love you. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete