All life' s a distance and a coming
together again.
Jocey pants hard, running through the forest. Looking back in a blur of lights she's driving faster than her Daddy did when he'd driven across America so long ago.
Her head is a blur and she realises she couldn't write it all
so the tires go off the gravel and the deer and the four blondes
She goes off the beaten path when the triumvirate unlikely union appeared
And Jocey wanted to finish the third chapter.
-
"And how did you know you wanted to be a writer?"
"The stories. Mama and daddy fell asleep before they ended. I wanted to write all the endings"
-
I see his flannel on the floor while his hands grip into my hips and my thighs. He gives me peace of mind and validation. So, I sell this piece of self part and parcel.
-
Vermont smiles invitingly. Green Vermont the woods and the sadness.
-
Jocey comes with hate.
Andromeda was chained wasn't she? Bored, vandalising the cliff or something. Writing her initials into rock with broken nails.
The epitome of Woman - waiting to be born from nonsense.
Venus naked coming out of a cloud.
What the fuck?
Open your eyes.
What is this love? What is this longing?
This longing rips me in two.
I am two people.
I miss my land. I am my land. I am nothing
I am born from nothing. I will give birth.
I am beautiful.
I just want to go home.
-
Jocey reads Ada's diary and it hurts her insides. An aborted ancestor. Erased, dead, forgotten forgotten.
I am my land I am nothing
together again.
Jocey pants hard, running through the forest. Looking back in a blur of lights she's driving faster than her Daddy did when he'd driven across America so long ago.
Her head is a blur and she realises she couldn't write it all
so the tires go off the gravel and the deer and the four blondes
She goes off the beaten path when the triumvirate unlikely union appeared
And Jocey wanted to finish the third chapter.
-
"And how did you know you wanted to be a writer?"
"The stories. Mama and daddy fell asleep before they ended. I wanted to write all the endings"
-
I see his flannel on the floor while his hands grip into my hips and my thighs. He gives me peace of mind and validation. So, I sell this piece of self part and parcel.
-
Vermont smiles invitingly. Green Vermont the woods and the sadness.
-
Jocey comes with hate.
Andromeda was chained wasn't she? Bored, vandalising the cliff or something. Writing her initials into rock with broken nails.
The epitome of Woman - waiting to be born from nonsense.
Venus naked coming out of a cloud.
What the fuck?
Open your eyes.
What is this love? What is this longing?
This longing rips me in two.
I am two people.
I miss my land. I am my land. I am nothing
I am born from nothing. I will give birth.
I am beautiful.
I just want to go home.
-
Jocey reads Ada's diary and it hurts her insides. An aborted ancestor. Erased, dead, forgotten forgotten.
I am my land I am nothing
No comments:
Post a Comment