Spring Presents from home.
This is a tiny Romanian token that celebrates the coming of Spring. White for Cold, Red for Hot and the little lily is Spring's tiny messenger.
REAL MAIL!!!!
OH boy-oh-boy!! DO I EVER HAVE MAIL.
My family sent me a package full of Romanian goodies in THE MIDDLE of April while I'm in the MIDDLE of Asia.
I never knew what a mama's girl I was before I came here.
It's pretty easy to fall in love with my parents. . .

but now I'm smitten.
I mean ....
This package did a reverse Silk Trail...
Because it.had.everything...!!!!
Exhibit A. Everything.
Honey.
Remember a few months ago when I quoted my mother saying that "honey solves everyhing?"
Well, it does.
An infamous antibiotic and healer of all wounds, I have recently discovered that honey also heals homesickness quite effectively.
Apply a generous amount of honey (a huge jar) to the body and you'll be set.
Ladies and gentlemen, you are staring at a jar of honey that has successfully managed to cross two oceans. This honey was once transported to Canada from Romania via my grandparents in May 2011 only to travel to Asia from Canada in April 2012.
Thank God honey doesn't spoil...it only spoils its consumers...rotten. I'm going to fall asleep in a layer of honey tonight.
Scarves!!
Do I look like an Eastern European gal who just immigrated to the Free World?
DA!
Mommy: I sent some colour. Asia's pretty gray.
Me: Well, now it's pretty GAY. :D
Mommy: I know you love leopard print. How does the cardigan look?
Me: THIS IS HOW IT LOOKS. I'm wearing leopard head to ...waist.
Then I put on the honey AND the scarf AND the sweater.
My favourite part was the card that came with everything:
I'm never taking this off my mirror.
Yes mommy. I'm in Asia. Peace on Earth. Puppies. We love our puppies. I never missed home as much as I did when I opened my box. I felt like it was Christmas. I felt like I needed to cry or laugh or both. I did neither.
I did however dance.
So did Whitey.
Because Spring is finally here. And because this package mimics me. Most of it is from Romania..brought to Canada...and shipped to Asia temporarily.
This package has done more than given me the opportunity for a photo montage(haw haw)
It reminded me that although we travel, our contents stay the same.
I travel. I stay the same.
PS
honey lipgloss
the dial is a tiny bee. That slayed me. Night :)!
No comments:
Post a Comment