Tuesday, May 15, 2012

two weeks is a long time. I know. Enjoy




These look like my mommy's ghetarici...that she'd plant at our summer home near Bucharest. While taking huge bites out of red apples. I miss those days.




Bukchon and Insadong in the spring.
At Sunae Station. He bought his wife a white moving-barking puppy from an animated salesman on the subway.









LadyGaga with my Kimmie. Mongolian chicks. Cigs. Life.



Up the street from where I live. I dunno why but this place spells h-o-p-e for me. I'm inside ALL day at my blasted school so when I see the Sun I feel free again.





So..once a month on Sundays I go to Jukjeon and watch a French movie on my own. I eat a ton of cheesy popcorn and drink diet Coke by the gallon. The Shinsegae mall that houses the beautiul theatre is an amusement park for the senses. There are like 11 magical floors including a huge food carnival downstairs. But we're not getting into that right now. This is the rooftop SkyPark. The trees spoke that night. I was waiting to see this Parisian film and I went outside and just fell in love with their mangled branches and glowing words. I missed Europe a lot. It was weird. I felt like I was in a palimpsest. Do you know what that is, dear reader? It's when two things (texts, images) are supra-imposed and you feel like you're in both. That night I felt like I was in Seoul-France.
I definitely have a band-aid on my forehead.
Seoul Flea Market.
mm. snakes in a jar. Eve's dinner.
good honey. Not Romania-home-shipped-to-asia-honey.






He tried to sell me a shitty mother-of-pearl-encased phone from Elvis' basement. While eating red bean pastry. Crumbs all over his mouth. Silly and jolly.







two bulls hid behind an ..armchair that night.
Reminiscent of the pheasnts grandpa would shoot ...and stuff...and put on display in the Bucharest apartment.hewow!
And on that note, good night!
Amidst living life and working and yoga and running I manged to compile this blog entry in the last 4 nights. I'm TIRED. EXHAUSTED.
-me

No comments:

Post a Comment