"Here, in the clearing"
Her white, laced hands alight on his and they both uncover scratchy, blossom-tipped branches into an expansive meadow. Green. Green expands into the clearest blue. Into the infinite blue.
Ada laughs her laugh and the world is bright again. The tiniest brightness is magnified. It was a star last night and they watched it grow into day.
"Tell me again of the birds and the nest"
"Well, we found hatchlings and Max and I set them straight"
"You put them in the nest and you reached the tallest branches?"
Nod.
"You know, I sometimes want to do that with Misha. I want to set her free. Set her straight"
"She is free. In the confine of your world, she is free"
It has not occurred to Ada that Misha was made to be free within the confine of her world.
"So, the wedding date? Settled I assume?"
"Yes of course, May fifth"
May fifth. How perfect.
"Five of hearts means heartbreak"
"It...may...mean heartbreak"
How delicious.
"Ava will be maid of honour?"
"In a perfect blue dress"
"She'll be day"
"And need a knight"
They both laugh.
They both hold on. It's only March.
Two months. Two moons. The moon comes back whole..
Adam wants to tell her he's been thinking of a new world. A new way. Far. Outside the confine of their world.
-------
Ava waits on Adam.
No comments:
Post a Comment