Friday, October 17, 2014

A thought on interviews

I had interview # 1 which went well but the pay was kinda ...molto bleh.
So, I have another one next week. 


In my mind, this is how I look during interviews:

(where, you know, I take the shades off just before entering firm)
(taken off Winchester Crown Court steps where I worked over the summer)


but I'm pretty sure I come across like this:

Yes! FACTUMS! YES! MOTIONS! YES YES YES! DEFENCE STATEMENTS 
(I'm only just now learning how to draft factums during my training course...oops)

Seriously though, is there anything I claim I'm not able to do for a client during the interview? My phone? Yeah, I sleep with it on my face. My social life? Oh I don't have one. 

Here, use me.


It's humiliating. 

I'm a good sport about it I think. I've put myself out there and I'm learning to brand my work and style. I think finding your dream job is a full time job. 
And it's draining but the bottom line is I know what I'm capable of and I won't settle for less. 

But it's made me think. We don't like when people use us. Why should we allow the firm to use us?






No comments:

Post a Comment