It's autumn - restless tossing and turning.
When I go for runs, I close my eyes and imagine the Korean skies. I open my eyes and the strong Canadian pines wince, finding shelter behind the Korean gingko.
a golden avenue paved with good intentions. All mine.
I'm becoming more and more solitary. I enjoy it. I do my work and have a lot of time to focus on my trajectory.
When I am on my second last chin dip, I always do two more. I feel the Earth's intoxicating pull and my hips, my bones want to collapse one on top of the other in a delirious ecstasy of exhaustion. I grit my teeth and like it.
I feel my heart murmur after a particularly fast sprint. I imagine holding my own heart and seeing the murmur underlined in green and going, ahhh there's the little mistake.
Wilson is getting old. I carry him up and down the stairs. Our stairs are long. He is heavy and tired. I imagine he's a puppy again and maybe I'm 13 and maybe all this stuff that's happened in my life hasn't happened. I don't know how it'll be without him but I sing to him before bed and read him stories. He only speaks Romanian so I have to keep digging up old editions of fables my grandparents keep in their library downstairs. Endearing thought: grandparents reading fairytales.
a piece of me
SunfLawers.
She is waking up from a deep sleep. An earthquake - something incredible - had knocked her from Dimension 1. Falling into Dimension 2, she realises it all counts now. The terrain is different and there are no survivors except those like her. Her hair, fire fire, flies free. She is free. She remembers one night from her other life. She was dancing light years away. The spin - intergalactic tremble and supersonic heartbreak resonates. How sad, how young. Her hair was very long and black and someone on the other side of town was making her Blackberry phone twinkle with red red red red red red red glowing g l o w i n g red
the sun did not rise that morning. She is waking from a deep sleep. An earthquake - something incredible - had knocked her from Dimension 1. Falling into Dimension 2, she realises it all counts now. The terrain is different and there are no survivors except those like her. Her hair, fire fire, flies free. She is in love. His tired eyes are steady. Be happy beautiful one. You are home.
There was the great fog of my life: unfolding, salacious, wincing. And it became apparent to me that the only way to go from here is forward.
....They tore you to pieces at lat, in a frenzy,
while your sound lingered on in lions and rocks,
and in trees and birds. You still sing there.
Oh you lost god! you everlasting trace! Only
Because that hatred ripped and scattered you
Are we listeners now, and one mouth of Nature.
Rilke, Sonnets to Orpheus, I, 26





No comments:
Post a Comment